Welcome to my new course "Jazz and Blues Standards Soloing".
In this video course, you will learn how to improvise on some of the most famous songs in the Jazz Blues tradition, with the right feeling!
We will discuss how to analyze the song and approach improvising over it. Together we will build a repertoire that will improve your playing effectively. I will teach you my approach giving you note by note transcriptions and detailed harmonic overview of each standard.
I chose 12 great songs for you! Every 15 days for six months you'll get a new lesson, each one featuring:
- HD video where I improvise on the song!
- A written analysis of the song structure and my improvisation step by step!
- A note by note transcription of my improvised solo!
- a Jam Track to practice on!
- and my personal feedback on the video that you will send me!
Here are the standards that we're going to study together:
1) All Blues (Miles Davis)
2) The Chicken (Pee Wee Ellis)
3) Fee Fi Fo Fum (Wayne Shorter)
4) Sunny (Bobby Hebb)
5) The Thrill Is Gone (Roy Hawkins & Rick Darnell)
6) Cantaloupe Island (Herbie Hancock)
7) Summertime (George Gershwin)
8) Help The Poor (Charles Singleton)
9) Cissy Strut (The Meters)
10) I Put A Spell On You (Screamin' Jay Hawkins)
11) Chicken Dog (John Scofield)
12) So What (Miles Davis)
So let's get started,
I can’t wait to have you in my virtual classroom!